So I was pretty bummed last night about having to go back to school. I know I know, poor me right! Caleb was gone playing basketball with some guys and Savannah was watching a movie and Layne finally fell asleep and I was watching AFV and all of a sudden felt like I was in a panic. I didn't know what was wrong until I realized that I was subconciously thinking about school. I started thinking about how I wasn't ready to leave the kids, Layne is still so small and I was going to miss out on being a mommy. I have gotten used to being a full time one over the last 4 months. I was feeling pretty blue and sad. I was asking God if there was any way I could get out of going to work and stay at home, but I couldn't come up with one. Then Extreme Home Makeovers came on and it was about a 7th grade teacher who was dying of cancer. She had three precious daughters and would go take her chemo and then go to work TEACHING! I immediately started crying and thinking how selfish I was that I didn't WANT to go back to work and here is this woman who is dying and she is GOING to work and happy about it. I thought outloud, "OK God I get it!" I have so much to be happy for and so many wondeful things in my life that I can't and shouldn't complain. It was definately my sign.
School was good today. Kind of felt like the first day of school all over again. It was nice to be back in the classroom and with my students again. They missed me, or at least that is what they are telling me. HAHA! My butt may be draggin by the end of the week, but we all made it through our first day with me, and everyone survived.


No comments:
Post a Comment