Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012

Here is an update for anyone who follows:

We have been busy in the last month or so.  We are all moved in to our new duplex in Republic now.  It feels like a home and so comforting after what we have experienced over the past 7 years.  The neighborhood is clean and the people are normal so we are loving it right now.  We still need to sell the Springfield house, but we are getting by and hopefully this is the year everything falls into place. 

The kids had their birthdays over the past month.  I can officially say I am the mom to a 5 year old and a 2 year old.  Savannah is just great.  Becoming so smart and loving being a girly-girl.  She has amazed Caleb and I with all that she learns at preschool, and she is so excited to be starting kindergarten this next fall.  It's great because she will be coming to the school that I teach at.  She is very much a little princess and is all about the girly things in life.  I sometimes find myself dumbfounded with trying to keep up with it all as I was and am not too girly myself.  I'll embrace this time though as I know it won't last long.  She has become such a beautfiul young lady right before my eyes that sometimes I find it hard to tell where the time has gone.

Layne.... Well, let's just say he is 2!  Enough said right!  I say it's a good thing he is cute because he is so onery and downright stubborn that if he wasn't cute I don't know what I would do with him.  He hit the terrible two's right on cue and has been making me earn the mommy badge that Savannah never did.  I love my son so much, but he throws temper tantrums like a pro, loves the word "no", and if it's not his way then all heck breaks loose.  All that being said, he can be very sweet and loves giving kisses and hugs.  He has a smile that will warm your heart and a little voice that can make you laugh by the words he tries to say.  I constantly remind myself that this too is a phase and one day he will give me no trouble at all. ;)

We continue to move forward in life.  I am hoping that 2012 holds big things for our family.  We do have some fun summer plans to look forward to and school for either Caleb or the both of us.  I have begun a journey to loose the weight I have accumulated over the past 5 years and so far, 2 weeks in I have lost 6 pounds.  I have set some baby goals for myself like a 5K in March, as well as a year long goal to be in a size 14 jean by December 31st.  I have a huge support system right now and feel like I am finally at a place in my life where I can/will do it for good. 

God continues to bless our family and has a plan for us that we must be faithful and live by.  Although all my questions are not answered at this time, he will lead us and I must allow for that.  I continue to pray for my family and friends as we ask that in return.  I hope this finds everyone doing well and may God continue to bless you as well. 

All our love and prayers to each of you.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new home, and congratulations! Can't wait to visit you all again. It sounds like your kids are growing up very quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers