Saturday, November 5, 2011

And here came the curveball!

Well, as most don't know, we had our house broken into two weeks ago.  The kids and I came home to find the entire back sliding glass window broken and shattered out.  The front door was unlocked an all our our electronics were gone.  As you can imagine, I was shocked, scared, and mad as I had to quickly determine what to do.  I called the police, my parents, and got Caleb home as quickly as I could.  The police did take finger prints and photos, but not a lot was to be done other than that.  Whoever came into our house took our laptop, camera, camcorder, my Kindle, the portable dvd player, ps2, and Caleb's external harddriver.  All in all about 2200 dollars of electronics and door damages.  Pictures of my kids that were on the laptop and external hard drive are gone and cannot be replaced, that is the biggest hurt.  Everything else can be replaced, just not the pictures.  This is the second time in two years we have had our house broken into and I just can't take it anymore.  It isn't safe and we are out of there.  I would ask that you pray for our family as we try to figure out what our next step is.  This is a curveball that we weren't prepared for but as we always do, we will get through this too.  A lot right now depends on Caleb getting into his PTA program, and that is a big opportunity.  I am not seeking pity as I know we are safe and all together, I am simply asking that you keep us in your daily prayers as they are much needed.  I know that God has a plan for us, I always believe that, I am just falling short in the patience to wait for the answer.  Thank you for each prayer that will be sent our way.

All our love to you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. Dear RJ,
    You got mine coming your way today.
    God bless, Your brother Nathan

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers