Well, I know I haven't done a very good job keeping my blog updated. However, in all honestly I don't know if anyone actually reads it. Oh well, if there are people out there who do, I hope you enjoy the update on my wild and crazy family.
The kids are both doing so good. I cannot say enough how proud and happy I am to be their momma. Each day they do something new to amaze or stun me.
Savannah is do so fantastic in preschool. She is a sponge of knowledge right now and I cannot fathom how much she has learned in only a month and a half in preschool. She mastered the Pledge of Allegiance in about three weeks, has numerous songs memorized now that I had never heard her sign before, and letters and sounds of letters are becoming so much easier that she is now telling me what words start with that I have spoken. This summer I thought I was going to kill her trying to get her to learn them, and now since there is another person telling her to learn them she does. Go figure. She is always so proud of herself, and never hesitates to tell me about all the new things she is learning. The car rides from preschool every day include chatter non-stop about her day. The kids she has played with, what she had for lunch or snack, what her job was for that day, or who got in trouble and was sent to the office. She is a very observant kid too. It just makes me smile to know that she has such a true love of learning and is so excited to go to school every day. She has made new friends and the teacher's tell me all the time that Savannah is such a awesome kid and always does what she is suppose too. I guess that threat at the start of preschool must have worked, HAHA. They have a field trip planned for this Thursday to the Fire station. Savannah is pumped, and to top that off Grammy gets to accompany the 30 preschoolers to the Fire station. I wish I could go, but it is more work for me to take off than to just be at school. So I have a great replacement going.
Layne is growing so fast. Right now I guess I would call him my little parrot. He has taken off with mimicking and repeating so many words and sounds right now. I am really proud of him though because even 2 months ago he had limited vocabulary. He is still a cheeser head, but is starting to show signs of those wonderful Terrible-Two's. I mean actual throw himself on the floor, kicking legs, flailing arms, and screaming at the top of his lungs kind of tantrum. He has few tears though so I know he is just showing his butt and attitude. To top it off, he inches across the floor while doing this like a worm. It doesn't even matter what kind of ground he is on; tile, carpet, or gravel. Oh well I guess, he will learn that it hurts to do this. Other that those tantrums, he is doing well. He is all boy and loves to get into things constantly and get dirty. Kids will be kids I suppose. I am enjoying my boy immensely and learning so much about being a mom in the wake of everything. Savannah spoiled me while Layne is making me earn my title.
We have adjusted well to the normal routine of school days. Caleb is going to school two days a week and finishing up his last prerequisites before hopefully getting into the PTA program at OTC. He just received his letter requesting an interview into the program so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it goes great and he gets in. He has done really well in school and is so excited. He is working at Cox still and really seems to enjoy it. I am in my second year of teaching at Ozark. What a great district that it is. I am so happy, learning so much from everyone, and I have a fantastic class this year. I really couldn't ask for more.
We are still trying to sell our house. No luck right now, but we keep praying and know that God has a plan for us, we just have to be patient and let him take control. It is not always the easiest road to take, but I know and can see the way God has worked in our lives already, and he is in control.
Other than that, we haven't really done too much. Mom and dad bought a camper so two weeks ago we all went camping and had a mini-family reunion. It was okay, Layne is not the best camping buddy. I am sure in another year he will be great, so until then, NO CAMPING! We have been to a craft festival and fall festival at my school. Savannah had a great time at both of them. She is finally at the age where she can go and enjoy things like that. The weather here has been great. We have really tried to enjoy it with nature walks and bbqing outside. Enjoy it while it lasts!
We pray that everyone is doing well and we ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. Prayers for Caleb getting accepted into the program would be wonderful and that our house might sell quickly. All our love to you and yours. May God bless you each and every day!
The Millers


P.S. I love to read your blog. :)
ReplyDelete