Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby Oh Baby

Well, I would say the countdown can officially begin. Technically I have 13 days left until Layne is suppose to be born, however, I was told at my last doctors visit that they may have to move up the C-Section date. Why you ask, well on monday of last week, Layne reportedly weighed 6lbs 14oz and on Monday of this week he weighed in at 7lbs 10oz. Quite a bit of a change according to them. Also, my BP was back up to 164/84 and of course that just isn't good. They had me lay down for about 40 minutes and the doctor came in, looked over my Biophysical and NST, said Layne looked good but was a giant, and he was concerned that he is getting too big and with my BP high again we might be looking at moving up his delivery date to earlier than expected. He had the nurse check my BP after laying down and it had gone back down to 134/80 so luckily I didn't have to go to L&D to be monitored. So, I am preparing myself for a baby sooner than the 16th. I have my hospital bag all packed up, and will take it with me each visit from now on, because who knows, I may come home with a baby in a car seat insted of my belly. Wish me luck and prayers please.

Savannah is doing fabulous. I am always amazed at her and her little brain. She keeps Caleb and I on our toes constantly. We put up the Christmas tree over the weekend and she was so excited to put the ornaments on. However, looking at our tree you can definately see which parts Savannah helped on. There are about 11 ornament balls on the very bottom branches and they are all the same color and basically in the same area. She was so proud, and we just left it as is. We also put lights on the house this year for the first time and she helped me hammer some nails in and told me the house looked beautiful. She is starting to pick up the words to various Christmas songs as well, that's all I listen to during the holidays and her favorites right now are, "Feliz Navidad" and "Frosty." She calls them her songs. My daughter takes after me and her grandma honestly because she is such a chatterbox. I am never short on conversation with her when I pick her up fromt he babysitter. She talks the whole way home. She is also getting very excited about her baby brother coming. She talks about it every day, and what she is going to do when he gets here. I think she will be a little disappointed that he can't do anything, but I am so excited to see both of my children together and to see what Savannah truly thinks about him once he is here for good.

Caleb and I are ready to welcome our new addition to the family. We can't wait for our family and friends to share in our celebration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers