Monday, December 28, 2009

Our family update

Well, I know it has been too long since I have last post, but please have some compassion, life has been soooo crazy.

Layne was born on December 9th, at 7:40 am. It was the coldest day of the year and our trip to the hospital included snow and winds that tried to blow us off the road. We did make it safe and sound to the hospital at 5:15 and we got all settled in, and at 7:15 they took me to the OR and 25 minutes later my son was born. Everything went well and Layne weiged 8lbs 12oz and was 21 inches long. Not as big as they thought, but still a good sized baby.

He was perfect and we were thrilled that he was finally here. Everything was pretty good, we had to spend most of the day trying to get his bloodsugars up, and stable but other than that he was fine. We were able to enjoy spending the afternoon with him and getting acquainted. What a joy, the only thing that could have made it better would have been if Savannah would have been able to share in the moment. That made me sad.

We had lots of family and friends that came to the hospital to see Layne and everyone was surprised at how much hair he had. My little man had a good hairstyle from the beginning. We were in the hospital from wednesday to saturday, way too long and my little girl at home was starting to miss her mommy and daddy. She broke my heart on Friday when I talked to her and she started crying saying she missed her mommy. I wanted to run and hug her and kiss her and tell her mommy was right here, but unfortunately I couldn't leave the hospital and I felt like crap. However, it was great to see her on Saturday and she gave me the biggest smile and hug, it made it all worth while.

Savannah really enjoyed meeting her brother, she was interested in the sounds he made and didn't like too much when he cried. She fed him his bottle and kissed his forehead and told Layne she loved him. It was such a good sight to see my daughter and son together, I'll never forget that.

Layne continues to grow and change so fast. I forgot how fast they do that. Savannah is pretty good with him, she doesn't seem interested in him from time to time, but then will come by and kiss him, or tell him she loves him. She tries to help change diapers by handing me the diaper and she likes to feed him from time to time. I think she has adjusted to having him around, but still doesn't like it when he cries. I think she will enjoy him more as he gets older and starts interacting with her more and more. Right now he is kind of boring to her.

I am just enjoying being mommy right now. My daughter never ceases to amaze me and she will be 3 in just a week. I cannot believe that. I love holding my son and telling him mommy loves him and kissing his marshmellow cheeks. He is just so precious and I am trying to cherish every moment I have with him, as I know they will go by quickly. This is the best job I could ever ask for and with God's help I am doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers