Well, I had a doctor's appointment bright and early on Monday. 8:00 is when I had to be there and I just figured I would get it over with for the day and maybe go get my hair cut, and have a mommy day. Well, what was I thinking. Our household got up at 6:30 to get going and when I got Savannah up, I went to scratch off some eye boogers and noticed that her right eye was pink and had crusty and yuck on both lids and around the eye. I immediately thought "pink eye" and realized that she shouldn't go to the babysitter and spread anything. So of course I went into mom mode and began cleaning it out and trying to figure out what was going on . Caleb nor I have ever had it so I wasn't sure what it was but knew I needed to call the doc. Well, I figured this would just be great for my blood pressure to be worried about my kid while at my own doctors appointment.
Well, I left Caleb at home with Savannah and arrived at my doc's to find a dark waiting room. Crap, was I early and they told me the wrong time for my appointment. No, the receptionists were just late. I went back for the biophysical and non-stress test and all went pretty good. Layne decided to stay asleep for the first 20 minutes of the NST and she had to buzz him to get him to wake up. When he did finally wake up, he got the hiccups and was pissed off about it. He started going crazy in my tummy and was rolling and kicking like crazy. The ultrasound lady laughed because of how crazy acting Layne was. I hope that doesn't indicate his future personality. After that, I saw the doctor and my BP was 138/82 which is better but still not great. The accepted it and hopefully on Thursday when I go back it will be better. The doctor thinks that maybe I have dropped a little and Layne is head down now. I hope that doesn't mean he is coming out any earlier. Pray he stays where he is. They also believe he is going to be a big boy, with a big head! Thanks to me I am sure. I will believe his weight when I see him, they told me Savannah was going to be 9lbs and she was only 7lbs 10oz. The big head part I can believe.
Well, when I left the doctors I called about Savannah and talked with the nurse about what I was seeing with her. Since there is no continual puss seeping from the eye, they doubted it was pink eye, but could be a sinus infection/cold/allergies since she is having a runny nose and cough. I am just to watch her. So that was good news. Savannah and I spent the day together and played outside and went to Walgreens to get some soft tissues for her poor little nose. But it was a busy Monday regardless.


No comments:
Post a Comment