Friday, October 9, 2009

Doctor's orders

Well, as many of you know, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and my visit didn't go so well. My blood pressure was high on two different readings and they put me on doctor rest for the next two days in order to see if it would go down. Well I went back on Thursday and it was down a little, but not really in my normal range. Doctor Stamps decided that it would be best if I went on moderate bed rest until Layne is born just so that I can rest and relax and my blood pressure can stay normal. That is the hope at least, however, if I go back and it is up high again he told me I would be put on strict bed rest. So right now I am just going to try to take it easy and rest my body and hopefully behave myself. He didn't think anything appeared wrong with Layne, his concern right now was me. I have to go back each week for a stress test, blood pressure check, and to monitor Layne just as a precaution. Please pray for us, I believe we are going to be fine, it just takes a toll on each of us in a different way.

Right now, Layne feels fine to me. He is as active as ever and causing me normal pregnancy discomforts. He loves to roll and stretch and jab me in the sides. We are scheduled to have my C-section on December 16th at 7:30 in the morning. I am so excited to actually know when my little man will be here. What a great Christmas gift.

Savannah is great. Man, she really wants her baby brother to get here soon. She kisses my tummy, hugs my tummy, and reminds me each day that "us going to have a baby soon!" A funny little story: On Sunday we decided to take the pool down. She was going to stay inside and watch Dora while Caleb and I worked outside. She was wearing footie pajama's and then later decided to come outside too. I told her she needed shoes on first so she went back inside. 5 minutes later, she appeared at the back door in underware and shoes only. I started laughing and she just looked so darn cute. She told me she couldn't get her shoes on over her pj's. What literal thinking from a almost 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers