Well, God granted a beautiful weekend for us to enjoy, and that we did. Friday I hurried home to enjoy what was left of the wonderful day. Playing outside and holding my baby couldn't have concluded my work week any better! I baked cookies Friday night for a party on Saturday and my husband and daughter just couldn't hardly stand it, so I ended up baking them some too. Spoiled!!!!
On Saturday we played outside and I took Savannah to McDonalds for some chicky nuggets. Then we headed to Wal-Mart to buy her some new tennis shoes. On the way there I explained what we were going to to be doing the rest of the day, and about the birthday party we were going too. She informed me that she needed a new party dress. I humored her and so, "oh, ok!" Well, we were heading to the shoes and we walked by the kids clothes, and she said, "Oh Mommy, look at the party dresses, I need one!" She was so cute, and they were only 7 dollars so we stopped and she looked at ALL of them, and she finally picked out a blue one. She kept saying, "this is a beautiful dress mommy, so beautiful, now I need new party shoes!" So the sucker that I am bought her some new party shoes to go with her party dress. She picked those out too, but she was really cute when she put on her party dress and shoes so I didn't feel too bad.
There were baths all around and naps, and then we went to a birthday party for my second dad. He turned 60. We had a good time, Savannah probably had the best time of all and then went home and Caleb and I watched a movie for the first time in like months. Layne went to sleep about 10 and then didn't wake up until 7 the next morning.
Sunday was the best day of all. I took Savannah to the movies with Jennifer and her girls, and Danny and we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks II. The kids really liked it and I got some good chuckles from it too. Then we met Caleb at the park and we played outside for a while, Savannah got muddy down by the pond, but she had a ball. Off to ice-cream after and the headed home. We played outside until dark, and then we piled on my bed to watch Scooby-Doo unti Caleb got home from basketball. By 9 we were all pooped and ready for bed. But gosh, what a wondeful weekend we had. Can't wait for Spring to finally get here!!!!!


that is sooooo stinkin cute about her shopping for her party dress! i know you already told me, but reading about it again made me smile! xo
ReplyDelete