Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We will try anything

Caleb and I got the bright idea to start freezing and saving some of the vegetables that we either have been given or have grown. Our tomato plants just went nuts this year and we have had a surplus of them. Anyway, we decided to blanch the tomatoes and freeze them for some sauce later, we froze green beans as well. We were just having a great time and then we decided to make a "apple" pie out of the numerous zucchini we have. So we did! Caleb made the crust, I did the filling and we made a nice crumble crust. Well, we didn't know what to expect, but when the pie was ready we tried it. To our surprise, it was pretty tasty and I have now figured out a way to cook zucchini and Savannah will eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers