Our family seems to be constantly on the go. This weekend was no exception. On Friday, Caleb, Savannah, Emma, and I met up with the rest of my family for some fun and memories at Republic's Relay for Life. We ate wonderful food, caught up with people we haven't seen in a while, and had touching moments when we took a moment to realize just why we were there. There are so many people in our family and not that have been touched by cancer. It is just our little part in the scheme of it all to provide support and funds to aid in the research so that other families in the future don't have to endure what hard times and rough roads of cancer will do to families. We did have a great time though, and my Granny was able to attend this year which was also a nice benefit. We stayed until about 11 when Savannah was showing definate signs of a 2 year old being up to late.
On Saturday we played by the pool and enjoyed spending time together. It is always nice when Caleb gets a Saturday off to hang out with his family. That evening I went to a wedding for one of the wonderful girls that I work with. She looked absolutely beautiful and I had a fun time spending time with the other teacher's who went as well. We had lots of laughs and good food. Not to mention that I actually got dressed up in a dress with hair and make up done. Caleb thought I looked pretty good and let me tell you, that always makes a girl happy.
Sunday was Father's Day and it was a great one. Mom, Dad, Brooke, Granny, and Alex came to our house for swimming, BBQ, and games. Mom, Dad, Caleb, and I played 2 on 2 basketball in the pool. Man there was lots of splashing, laughs, and grabs to say the least. But I think Mom and I won. Those boys didn't know how to play defense. We had a great time. Granny pushed Savannah on the swing for a long time. That has to be one of Savannah's favorite things to do. Finally she got in the pool and PaPa and Savannah played motor boat around the pool in her floaty. We all went inside and fixed up lunch of bratwurst, pasta salad, kinky salad, cucumbers and onions, chips, and ice tea. Yummy! Brooke and Caleb decided to play nintendo so Mom, Granny, and I played Yahtzee and dice. That was fun, and by the way I won both of those games. Then Brooke and Alex came to play and then a game of uno followed. By the time we were done playing games everyone was getting sleepy. So they went home, Caleb and I took Savannah outside for bubbles and side walk chalk and then it was Savannah's bed time too. She laid down without a fuss because like everyone else, she was exhausted too. Caleb and I chilled while waiting for Emma to get home from White Water, and when she did we all went to bed. What a perfect day and weekend to spend with family. Now that's what it is all about right?


No comments:
Post a Comment