Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nothing Short of a Blast!

This summer has thus far been amazing and I am happy to state I still have a good month left to go. (The perks of being a teacher~ I know)

We have been so busy and having a ball. My parents gave of Silver Dollar City and White Water passes for Christmas that we are using to the fullest extent. So far we have been to WW 5 times and SDC 3. Savannah has become quite the "little fish" as we have adopted to call her. She is fearless with that life jacket on and has even gotten brave enough to start plugging her nose so she can swim under water. I have to say that I a so proud of her bravery and willingness to be adventuresome in the water. She has gone down every water slide at WW that she can do and requests to ride them again and again. As for this momma, well I can't say I am not nervous about her riding some of them. After all, she is still little, but I am trying to allow her to have fun and enjoy being a kid with all the thrills that come along. So far so good! I fear by the end of the summer we Miller's will all be "Brown Fishes" as we are outside so much.

We have also enjoyed having our garden. So far we have had around 16 zucchini's, 12 cumcubers(as Savannah calls them), a mess of green beans, and lots of green tomatoes still on the vine. I am awaiting okra and corn, but they should be along soon. With all this nice fresh produce I have had, I have also successfully made about 18 loaves of zucchini bread, 30 zucchini muffins, and a zucchini pie. I have been a busy baker and loved every minute. I tried just today to make pickles with my cumcubers. It is my first try at canning something all by myself so let's hope that they are at least edible. We shall know in about a weeks time. Savannah wanted to grow corn in "her" garden so we are anxiously awaiting that. I really hope some grows for her or I fear she will be heartbroken.

Caleb has been fishing quite a little bit and I know he is enjoying it. He bought a little boat for himself and has had a good time taking friends and family out on it in search of the "BIG FISH!" He also went golfing today with a friend and apparently didn't do too bad. He now wants to take up professional golfing ;)   He is taking a summer school Chemistry class and is doing fantastic.  I am so proud of his hard work and diligence concerning his classes.  He is planning to pursue a degree in Physical Therapy Assistance.  I am sure he will be great at it.

We were privileged to have Caleb's little sister Emma come for a visit and spend some time with us. We got to "Spoil" her a bit with a trip to WW, two movies~one with the kids and one just Emma and I, a couple outings for dinner and lots of cooking and playing. Savannah loved having her around and was very sad to see her go, she is already planning Emma's next trip.

Overall we have been busy with small outings with my sister-in-laws and niece and nephews, sleeping in, WW, playing in the pool in the yard, library time, and being lazy. Oh summer how we love thee. These are the times I love and I love spending them with my amazing family and friends. We have more to look forward to as the summer progresses with a hopeful visit for Caleb's brother Jon and his wife Aimee and kiddos. Caleb's sister is getting married in August, more WW trips, lots of ice cream to eat and veggies too. All in All, a good few weeks still ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers