Saturday, November 13, 2010

Where has the time gone?

Well, we have been busy and it seems like the year is almost gone.  What a blessed year it has been, even through the trials and tribulations.

Savannah and Layne are growing up so quickly.  Our little man will be a year old in less than a month and the young lady of the house is darn near 4 WOW!. Savannah is as beautiful as ever and her little personality could match someone twice her size.  She is always coming up with quirky humorous remarks, or questioning things above what I estimated her to understand.  He newest hobby is to govern Layne at what she thinks he should or shouldn't do.  Her favorite phrases for him is, "NO LAYNE!, or "Come and get him Daddy."  He has already figured out how to torture her, and he is quite good at it.  She is a fabulous big sister though and I couldn't ask for a better daughter.  I am saddened though by her growing up, I look back on her baby pictures and I have forgotten just how small and babyish she used to be.  Now what I see is a young girl eager to grow up and figure out this crazy world.  Layne is an ornery little guy.  I say he is all boy and then some.  He has a strong will and is as stubborn as an old mule.  He is giving me a run for my money, that is for sure.  I hope I am cut out to raise a boy, Savannah kind of spoiled me a little.  He is super sweet though when he wants to be and has remained a baby  much longer than Little Miss did.  I enjoy still snuggling with him and holding him at night.  I will take the baby as long as I can get him.  He is cruising now, but no walking as of yet.  I am not sure when to anticipate his walking but he can get from point A to B in a flash on those knees.  He has found his finger and loves to point at things and growl when it excites him.  He loves looking at pictures of his family, you can tell he gets a thrill out of it because he practically yells at the computer.  They are both happy and healthy. As a parent what more could I ask for.

We are moved back home now, our house isn't selling very quickly so we are just going to continue to wait and see.  My new job at Ozark is going well.  I feel like I am up and rolling a little bit now so I can count that as a positive.  It has been a challenge, but I feel that I have rose to the occasion and I am looking forward to what the remainder of the year holds for me. 

Caleb will be going back to school this spring semester.  It is something he has wanted to do for a while now, so we are embarking on that endeavour and hopefully he will be finished in about 4 years.  Right now he is thinking about pursuing a Physical Therapy Assistant degree.  I think that would suit him nicely.  We shall see as he starts whether or not he likes it. 

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers as we continue to keep you in ours.  May God bless you and your families.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers