Well, we Miller's have been very busy lately.
We are still living with mom and dad for the time being. It is going pretty good, I know it is tight living space but we are really trying to keep everyone happy and not abuse the hospitality that has been given to us. No calls on the house yet, but we are still praying and I know that God has a plan for us.
We just had a mini vacation to St. Louis and Bennet Springs. We went up to St.L to the zoo and spent a couple nights in a hotel. Savannah really enjoyed this as she has not really stayed in many hotels in her short life. She thought it was pretty cool to take a bath in the hotel, and she got to sleep on the "couch bed" as she called it. She really liked that. The zoo was pretty hot but fun overall. We rode the train, watched the Sea Lion show, and visited the petting farm and rode the carousel. I will have pictures soon! After we left St.L we headed towards Bennet Springs as again Savannah wanted a "campout!" I am not much of a camper but I had to suck it up for the good of my child. We set up our tent, did some swimming and fishing. To bad we didn't catch anything, but Savannah found a friend down there and had a blast playing in the stream with her. We went back to camp and had bratwurst and smores for dinner. Savannah was thrilled. We sat around the campfire and told stories. Savannah was the best storyteller and told the most stories. Even some "spooky" ones as she put it. The kids did really well sleeping in the tent, however it probably would have been more fun without Layne. He is just to little to be much fun while camping. But I have to say he was a trooper the whole time and was a good little guy. The next morning we had donuts for breakfast and walked the river for a little bit. Savannah liked that as she could walk clear across the river and it just went up to her waist. I would say overall it was a successful vacation and one with lots of firsts for my little girl.
Other than that, we are not doing much. I am just trying to enjoy my summer vacation and my kids. We have seen a movie so far, went to jump mania, visited with some friends we haven't seen in a while, and made some new friends along the way. The kids are enjoying fun times and I am enjoying being with them. Layne still isn't crawling or caring to do so, oh well, there is lots of time for that later. He is a good baby fr the most part. Smiles a lot these days and is a total jabberbox. He is starting to say lots of sounds and blends, so I guess it won't be long before he is talking. Savannah is the best big sister in the world. She takes great care of her brother and tries to entertain him so he stays happy. She even helped me the other day change a diaper. Did a pretty good job too. She is becoming quite the gymnists? and can finally get her head off the ground on her bridge. I am amazed to watch her day to day and see what kind of girl she is changing into. She sometimes catches me off guard with just how grown up she is and I just wish she would slow down a bit, I don't want her to get too big on me too fast.
Caleb is working hard this summer. It has been a hot one for him, but he has Canada to look foward to really soon, so that keeps him motivated. I am nervous about the upcoming school year, but I had a chance to meet with the teachers I will be working with next year and they all seem wonderful.
Please continue to pray for my family as we need to sell our house and find one of our own.
All our love to you and yours and may God Bless you each day.


No comments:
Post a Comment